Pages

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Day 17-18: French classes

If you know me, you know that I am not a morning person. I had a very effective alarm clock when I was growing up (aka my mom who strips off my duvet and sometimes my pjs), and Nathan is still acquiring its skills without being injured. For the past few days, I have been managing to wake up at 6:30, and it is a miracle. I get ready, take Chana for a walk, make coffee, have breakfast, and take the tram for 15 minutes, and voila, I am usually the first one to arrive in class.

I must have done so well on the placement test I took on Monday, and I somehow ended up in the class where the first grammar lesson revolved around "relative pronouns." Yes, I did learn that 12 years ago in university, laquelle ,auquel, desquelles, etc, etc.... I understand the grammar class fairly well thanks to the grammatical terminology in French being pretty much the same in English. What I cannot do is the pair work... talking to the classmate! My default response is "OK" or "a-ha," but I do not think French say that, do they?? I think I need a TV!?

So it is September. The weather is beautiful, but it is getting chilly. I am hoping our shipments will arrive sometime soon so that I can wear a jacket.

No comments: