Pages

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Day 27-31: One Month in France

It is hard to believe but we have been in Grenoble for a month already. We survived without having Internet at home, which gives us a hope that we could probably do another month! Nathan and I are self-claimed internet addicts, but we finally realized that retrieving historical information using things called "dictionaries" are possible even if we do not have Wikipedia.

I wrote about the prunes in the last entry, and I have to write more about them. We bought some mirabelles, and they are truly lovely. It is interesting to see how long the outdoor markets will last and to find out what kind of produce they will be carrying in the winter time.

The people are very friendly in this city, but wait until you meet the owners and staff of La Fromagerie de L'île Verte. They are extremely helpful and informative. We have fell in love with reblechon and conté... I have not yet gained enough courage to try much blue cheese, but will see how far I can go.

Here is my quote to sum up my observations and experiences I had in France for the first month:

"It is impossible to love France more than a French does."

No comments: