Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Nuts!


Good nuts: Grenoble is known for walnuts. We bought the first harvest of the year last Saturday, and I am now drying them in the sun.

Crazy nuts: Our internet at home says, "Welcome to Bouygues Telecom! Your new line is established, but before you get to use it, we need to verify the quality!" According to their proud progress meter, we signed our contract on August 28, the creation of our new ADSL line started on August 30, the line has been established on September 20, and we are waiting for its activation. Hmmm, I was planning on bringing back the Bbox to cancel our contract today... shall we or not?

Unbelievable nuts: Nathan added some more minutes to our portable internet device (Clé 3G+) for today so that I can be online all day. I had to miss my classes in the morning and the gathering at the teacher's house in the afternoon :(. We are expecting our shipment to be delivered, but we have not heard from the company who was supposed to contact us yesterday to notify the estimate time...

Exciting nuts: We are probably moving at the end of October. We went to see an apartment in Ile Verte last week, and heard back from the real-estate agency that we are accepted. I say "probably" as we have not signed anything yet, but most likely this is a go. It is a studio, but it has a separate kitchen, separate toilet, and a bathroom with a tub. The area size is 50m2, and there are two balconies facing NE and SW. The rent is 150 Euro cheaper than the current place, and the best part is that it is much cleaner and more secure than the current place. It is unfurnished, so I am looking at IKEA catalogue right now for a budget shopping.

1 comment:

Monique said...

It sounds like things are looking up. I am happy for you. I really enjoy reading your adventures. I only wish I could be there to enjoy the fruits, nuts and fresh baked breads.

Monique