Pages

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Day 6-10: Surviving

So today is Day 10, and Chana and I have survived five days without Nathan. Chana has taken Nathan's spot on our bed for the time being, or he will have to fight to have it back.

Prior to his departure, Nathan cleaned the bathroom and the laundry machine. The bathroom is now white(r) instead of blue, yellow and brown, and the laundry machine is now white(r) instead of black. I cleaned the fridge and dryer, so our basic items for daily living are in better condition. I thought cleanliness was a common value in all civilizations, but I guess it is all relative. I am just glad that I married someone who is as OCPD as I am.

As a market lover, this city is a great place to live. There are small produce vendors in various "Places" that are open from Tuesdays to Sundays. I also found a small market hall, where fresh meat, cheese, etc. are sold. Chana is welcomed into the building as well, and she has discovered the triperie!

On Sundays, all businesses were closed, except for restaurants and cafes. I found a few boulangeries that were open on Sundays and take Mondays off. I cannot wait to see this town in full operation when they are all back from their holidays. The population of the city itself is 150,000, but including the surrounding municipalities it reaches 500,000. Chana is certainly getting used to seeing more humans and cars. She is getting a hang of loose leash walking finally for the first time, and she is learning how to quietly lie down by my feet as I write this blog.

No comments: