Pages

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Day 11: Espace Chien

Walking around the neighbourhood is fun. Going for a walk with Chana is no longer a chore, but it is part of my errand. Here is a shot of a happy dog, in front of Riviere Isere, which is 3 minutes away from our apartment.

You see so many dogs around here, and there must be a lot of them. They leave proofs of their existence everywhere. I had a misfortune already, and now my eyes are stuck to the ground. I guess someone thought that this needed to be changed, so they implemented sections called, "Espace Chien" in every five blocks or so. It is a designated area for doggies to do their business, and conveniently some places have bags and bins. It is convenient for people like us, but to the French, they are tilting their head saying, "What are these bags for?"

I once heard that the people from the upper caste in India are not supposed to touch anything that fell onto the ground, as the object has become untouchable. This must be it! I must be living in the caste system here in France.

I am contemplating this one really carefully...whether I should be following my motto, "When in France, do as the French do" or another motto of mine, "Be the change."

No comments: