Pages

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Day 1: Flying dog and bonjour France


(It has been a week already, but I am still without internet at home. This blog post is provided by the free wifi service by "French Coffee Shop" in Place Claveyson).

We made it. Nathan, Chana and I safely arrived in Grenoble, a beautiful little city surrounded by mountains.

Our flight from Toronto to Paris was uneventful. Chana was not sure what was going on when we left her to go through the security. Air Transat crew put a sticker on her crate which was to be filled out by the staff when she would get fed and given water. We were quite happy about this, but of course it was never filled out. Chana made it though without any issue, though we noticed her sheepskin bedding had a lot of fuzz coming off when we settled in our apartment. She might have been trying to dig an escape hole during the flight!?

Immigration at the airport was easier than anywhere in the world I have traveled to, and the officer saluted me in Japanese. When I went through the immigration in Canada on a student visa, which I experienced twice, I was taken to a special room, waited for hours for my turn. There was no such procedure this time, a simple stamp and Konnichiwa.

Clearing the custom with a dog was expected to be difficult, but again it took 30 seconds. They did not even check Chana's microchip... After the custom, Chana was out of her cage, eating at the restaurant at the station, and riding on TGV! Her hairdo is always a great attraction, and it is my mission to have it alive when I take her to her first grooming.

After 22 hours or so since we left our beloved CLEAN home in Waterloo, we arrived in our new apartment in Grenoble. I would post some photos, as soon as it is presentable :).

No comments: