Pages

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Day 14-15: Le weekend

Chana has been sleeping in her crate these days, but I usually leave the door open as she is a great guard dog. The drawback is that every morning around five she decides that it is time to wake up. That's when I invite her on the bed, where she would sleep another few hours with the contra gravity pose. After that is her walk to the boulangerie. I usually leave her outside the store in sit-stay, and she does really well. The reward she gets is big. A micro tiny piece of bread before I take a bite.

Yesterday, Nathan's boss kindly delivered two boxes that my mom sent from Japan. I packed them when I was over there in May, and the contents show a rosy image I had about my life in France. Well, I am adamant that we will make it like that. The coffee I had this morning using the cup I sent from Japan definitely tasted better, for sure ;).

It is a beautiful day today, so the laundry had to be done. Instead of using the dryer, we have a clothes rack that I usually put out on the patio. I am still figuring out how much softener a load needs. So far, our towel ends up like a loofah.

Then I decided to grab my camera and got on the telepherique=les oeufs. The sun felt stronger up at La Bastille, the fortified mountain. Grenoble is surrounded by three mountain (ranges): Vercors, Belledonne, and Chartreuse, and La Bastille is at the foot of Chartreuse. On the clear day, you can see Mont Blanc from there, and I believe I saw a part of it behind the cloud today. My dad would be thrilled to have seen that, as he was always fascinated by the mountains, or beauty of nature.

No comments: