Pages

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Day 12: Tourist

The weather has been superb for the past few days here in Grenoble, and our apartment is so lovely with a lot of sunshine coming in. The patio faces south-east, but not too much sun thanks to the tall apartment next door. The question is whether we will get enough sunshine in the winter. Oh, Misato, que sera sera.

I am taking a break from cleaning the apartment for now other than the daily vacuuming with my new Dyson. I decided to take my friend's advice to hire a professional cleaner so that I only have to do a touch up. What a brilliant idea, Miranda!

Now I have so much free time, I decided to be a tourist. I took the Petit Train Touristique yesterday. It departs from Place Grenette, a pedestrian area in the city centre. The area resembles the painting "Terrasse" by Van Gogh, with a beautiful fountain which was erected in 1824. During the tour which lasted about an hour, I had the English audio guide. Oh boy, it spoke so fast! I guess it needs to be that way in order to cover what is said in French. I should have gotten a Japanese one. What was I thinking?

My plan for today is to go to the Musee de Grenoble, as the temperature will reach 33C. The museum is located only 5 minutes from our place, and Parc Michallon is part of Chana's daily walk either in the morning or in the afternoon.

No comments: