Pages

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Hot Scent

A lot of things happened this month. A lot. One of my dear friends said that it ought be this way making reference to the Mayan calendar... However, my theme song these days is "Always look at the bright side of life~," so let's talk about Chana :D.

These days in our obedience training, we are working on something called "articles." In the real trial, you would need dumbbell shaped items made of wood, leather, and metal. As Chana is new to this training, we are using two sets of each of leather glove, wooden spoon, and cookie cutter. One set of items are attached to a mat, and I would put one randomly picked item on the mat. Chana's task is to find the item that has my scent which is loose. Well, all of them have my scent on it now, so she is supposed to find the one with the strongest scent, also know as "hot scent."

I saw another classmate with more advanced dog does it, and I thought "No way. Chana would just go for the gloves" as she likes gloves particularly of our guests'... But! She is doing it! Using her nose and successfully bringing back the item that I recently touched and left on the mat...

To dog owners out there, you should explore the world of obedience! You would find amazing talent your lapdog has in him/her!



No comments: