Pages

Friday, January 1, 2010

It's never too late!


So, the year 2009 is almost over, and all of a sudden I decided to revive my blog...thinking, it's never too late and better late than never. I don't know how long this one will last, but we'll see. Let me join those who decide to start their blog as part of their new year's resolutions.

I am quite happy with what I accomplished in 2009.

LIFE: I reduced my teaching load to 1/3, and I am a much happier person. I love teaching, but when you are doing too much it is no different from being employed as a factory line worker. I need changes and rhythms in my life, together with creativity and sense of independence. As I wait for Nathan to finish his Ph.D and to set the next destination, I learned to be patient with what I want to achieve with my life. As a result, I turned into a hobbyist! This year I studied Arabic, took a course for TESOL certificate, started Flamenco lesson, piano lesson, knitting, gardening, soap-making, and trying even harder with local eating. I hope everything will be continued on to 2010, with a few more addition. Cooking has become another passion of mine, especially with locally grown ingredients. Here is my top 5 dishes of the year, successfully entered the Sekita-Krislock's hall of fame.)

1. Hummus-chickpea or fava (Thanks Benny!)
2. Vij's Family Dinner-Chicken Curry (Thanks Donna!)
3. Anything with zataar (Thanks Kanaan!)
4. Blueberry+Raspberry Buttermilk Muffin (Thanks fourtysomething.ca!)
5. Rosti (Thanks Rosti!)

CHANA: Dog agility and obedience training with Chana was more exciting than ever. I am hoping to enter some trials in 2010, which will give me a better idea what kind of work Chana and I need. As for her diet, I stopped feeding her kibbles in the summer of 2008, and she was on raw meaty bone diet for a year. I now feed her homemade meat muffins or home prepared raw food together with calcium supplement. Eating food prepared at home, Chana is going strong turning 4 years old in January.

As the time is ticking, I would like to thank my family and friends who made my year 2009 a happy and exciting one. I wish everyone a happy and prosperous new year!






















No comments: