Pages

Monday, February 15, 2010

Never Give Up!


It is mid-February, and our life is as exciting as ever. Nathan is working at the top speed to finish up his dissertation which is due in 10 days. After that, Chana goes to Power Tripp for a couple of weeks hanging out with bunch of border collies while Nathan and I spend some time with my family in Japan. Nathan will be busy preparing for his oral defence, but hopefully some Japanese treats will help recuperate from his thesis writing.

Life is full of challenges and obstacles. It is never boring. I am glad that my parents raised me to be persistent about everything I do. Persistence can be a negative attribution, but it is a great asset for me as I am naturally a bit too optimistic and easy going sometimes. Now facing some hurdles ahead in my life, I am fairly relaxed and calm about it. I guess I feel that way because I know I can manage things as long as I don't give up.

So today, I found something I lost last week! Persistence paid off! I lost (well Chana lost) a ball in the field covered with snow. Yes, it is a simple dog fetch toy, but I do not like losing things. Although I was told to wait until snow melts, I decided to go back to the field again for one last time...shuffling the snow with my feet while Chana ran around wondering what I was up to...

Well, now I feel greatly motivated to work on things.





No comments: