Pages

Monday, March 5, 2012

Agility in France No. 5: Chana's 2nd agility trial


This past sunday, Nathan and I took Chana to the 2nd agility trial of the season in our region (Rhone-Alpes). We were blessed with a warm weather, and the first outdoor trial experience was nothing but positive.

Chana brought home two trophies this time, one for Jumping (1st place out of 9 dogs) and the other for Open (2nd place out of 9 dogs). She ended up on the 2nd because she committed a fault by touching the long jump. We should have trained with that more often! For the third run (GPF), I made a mistake by running to fast at the end of the dog walk. As a result, she missed the contact zone. Had it not been for this fault, she would have been the 3rd. 

As the weather gets better, I assume there would be more dogs in our category. I believe it was a good idea to register for the two early competitions to make Chana get gused to the environment.

You may be wondering why we are doing this? I think it all comes down to the fact that I love taking tests, exams, or any kind of evaluations. It helps me find the weakness and helps to improve. Although it is quite tiring, I will continue to aim higher with a hope to run like a ballerina one day :).

Jumping

Open

GPF

No comments: