Pages

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

C'est la rentrée!

It is the back-to-school season in France, and we hear more and more odd screams and roars outside these days. You can do anything when you are young.

Being ambitious, I am back to school to learn some more French. I decided to take a semester course instead of monthly intensive courses. The course consists of 10 hours of language courses (FLE, test taking strategy, and vocabulary) and 4.5 hours of general cultural courses. I am doing this among the youngsters as most of my classmates are university exchange students from the USA. So the battle is on :).

I am also back to teach at the Japanese complementary school on Wednesdays. Instead of the 4th grade I teach the 2nd grade this term, and the first class (today) went really well. I cannot say this out loud, but I use the same technique to teach the kids that I use on Chana. It works! In October, I will start teaching Japanese as a foreign language to the adults, but I am not so keen on it at this point. I guess it will be a good experience teaching in French.

For extra-curricular activities, I will be doing Flamenco again, and of course agility with Chana. Nathan is doing more bouldering now, and I hope to take salsa classes with him. Yoga classes have to wait until January, although I already miss my Yoga teacher.

No comments: