Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Fiddle and the Drum (July and August 2011)

In July 2011, for the first time ever, I...
  • offered 1hr/wk "juku" for some kids from the Japanese school even though they were on holidays.
  • Unofficially took a break from my French lessons. 
  • Joined my friends to visit Toulouse, Carcassonne, Andorra as an official driver.
  • Got a picture taken by a speed camera coming back and felt sick to stomach. 
  • Flew to Canada using miles and swore I never want to transit in the US.
  • Had a Strawberry smoothie from Starbucks.
  • Cleaned my luggage covered in mint syrup shuttered by rough luggage handlers at a hotel room.
  • Laughed out loud.
In August 2011, for the fist time, I...
  • Had Subway for dinner with Kathy in Victoria Park, Kitchener.
  • Went to the new property of Linda, a new Aimhi location!
  • Slept in the bed which used to be our guest bed, now at Jason's!
  • Became a true Japanadian.
  • Went to Texas to attend the wedding of Abram and MT.
  • Shared a hotel room with Nathan's mom.
  • Had breakfast tacos.
  • Flew from Houston to Vancouver using wifi in the air thanks to Alaska Airlines.
  • Stayed with Cath and David, Elearnor's family.
  • Visited the house of Doug and Eleanor without Doug and Eleanor.
I still enjoyed and loved...
  • Spending time with the Stewarts at their cottage up in Storney lake.
  • Drinking coffee with Maruoka sensei.
  • Sharing values with Jason.
  • Discussing life with Donna while eating her Indian cuisine.
  • Eating delicious homemade Persian meal with Leila.
  • Seeing Jen and Scott, a community builder.
  • Being inspired by Dr. Ariga, Dr. Shimpo, Dr. Hara, Ken and Hana, full of wisdom.
  • Being encouraged by Sormeh and Zahra. I feel like I grew up with them.
  • Seeing Aya and Tim with their two powerful kids, a family so tight as a unit.
  • Chatting with T, with whom I taught at AEON.
  • Having a nice dinner with Sharon and Arthur.
  • Discussing life with Aseem, my family doctor.
  • Drinking Strawberry smoothie from Starbucks. 8th one?
  • Doing agility with Chana.
I hated...
  • Being away from Nathan and Chana, especially when Chana was ill.
  • Being asked to stand up in support of troops. 

No comments: