Pages

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Chanagility: weaves

We bought a set of 12 weave poles early April to practice weaves at home. I did not like the luring technique used in agility classes, so our training imitating Susan Garrett's 2x2 methods began. Well, I modified it greatly, so we ended up having a dog who does 12 poles nicely but has very weak concept of entry... I have to be as creative as possible so that Chana knows what "Go weave" means. 

One of the difficulties I am having is that we are practicing in the public park where Chana is greatly distracted. When she gets frustrated, she is looking for troubles. Another is that I have practiced too much with her sitting before she starts weaving. The result is that Chana has no idea of doing the weaves in the sequence. 

I feel like I am doing everything backwards, but we will work and adjust so that we will have a bright future ahead!

No comments: