Pages

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Nos Droits 3 and hope no more!

Oh, this is quite interesting.

I met with Nathan for lunch to take care of the "move-out notice" business. I had already had a sandwich earlier, so I just asked for a crêpe au sucre et au citron. The server refused my order. During the lunch hours, you have to eat something before you get to eat a dessert, apparently. Luckily, I was able to order a cup of coffee. The server removed my table mat, the cutlery, and a glass to drink water as if to say I did not deserve them as I was not paying enough. Weird...Why did you not let me have a crêpe then?

This is actually the second time that happened to us. We went out one night after having dinner at home, looking for some yummy dessert. We sat down at the second oldest cafe in France :), and asked for some ice-cream dessert. The server was nice enough to let us stay there, but she hesitated when we placed the order.

We have to figure out how this works. I thought the customer can eat whatever s/he wants at the restaurant, but apparently not here.

I demand a bowl of ice-cream tonight at home.

No comments: