Pages

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Just Like Starting Over

It has been 70 days since I came back home in Japan. The days I spend here are "extraordinary in the ordinary" and "ordinary in the extraordinary" at the same time.

Our loving father has left us on March 23, and to me, it feels as if the captain of our ship has been kidnapped by pirates. We now have to learn how to operate the ship without him, and we have to set the course for the ship. Hopefully one day we can reunite with him on the shore of a beautiful island...

I am so grateful that I was able to be with my dad and my family for the very last month of his life. Thanks Nathan for making it possible. Thanks Jen for giving me the courage to drop everything and leave in February. Nothing is more important than your own family in the end. Nothing.

No comments: