Pages

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Snowy Grenoble


Grenoble had its first snow fall of this winter on November 26th. Most of the ski hills in the area are now open, and we can reach some of them by just taking the tram and bus for 40 minutes. I cannot wait to go check it out.

As a true Japa-nadian, I got excited with the snow. After my French test that I had to write for the immigration purpose, I rushed home and took Chana to the Bastille. The view was gorgeous, but I forgot that the snow melts. Chana came back covered in mud and bur. Luckily, now we have a bathtub to bathe her.

My life here is very close to the one I enjoyed in Vancouver. It does not have the ocean, but now I have the view of the Isere river from our apartment. I am constantly charged with what Japanese calls "minus ion" which was recently renamed as "negative air ionization" with a bit more research done. Anyway, being close to a body of water with current is essential for human happiness.

As we welcomed the 1st of December, we got more snow over night. This time the city is really covered in snow! Here is a shot of my first snow man in Grenoble, standing on the ledge of one of our balconies, with tears in his eyes as his buddy just jumped, or slipped...

No comments: